For subscribers, the April 2014 issue of the CPI Update is attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Erimus Housing Ltd v Barclays Wealth Trustees (Jersey) Ltd - informal occupation: tenancy at will or periodic?
- H Waites Ltd v Hambledon Court Ltd – in landlord and tenant, is airspace demised?
- Horne & Meredith Properties Ltd v Cox - 1954 Act grounds of opposition.
- Singh v Dhanji – dealing with a landlord’s consent to assign.
- Coventry v Lawrence – the Supreme Court on nuisance, injunctions and property rights.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- Capital allowance changes.
- The March 2014 Budget and high-value residential property.
- Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery - Commencement and commentary.
- Leasehold enfranchisement - The Leasehold Reform (Amendment) Act 2014.
- Landlord and tenant – are tenants’ fixtures included or excluded from a demise?
- CPSE capital allowance enquiries.
- A chancel repair update liability update in the Law Society Gazette.
- SDLT on solar panel leases.
- The Land Registry’s MapSearch service.
Published March 31, 2014.