The March 2014 issue of the CPI Update deals with the following cases:
- Pillar Denton Ltd v Jervis (Game Station in Administration) – rent liability in an administration.
- Peel Land and Property (Ports No. 3) Ltd v TS Sheerness Ltd - removing the tenant’s right to remove tenants’ fixtures.
- Xenakis & Corke v Birkett Long LLP – advising on the duration of liability under a guarantee.
- Emmett v Sisson – an unreasonable interference with a right of way?
- Donovan v Rana – an implied easement of common intent?
- Dwyer v Westminster City Council - has an easement been abandoned?
- Swift 1st Limited v Chief Land Registrar - fraud and rectification.
- Santander UK Plc v R.A. Legal Solicitor - a conveyancer’s liability for breach of trust
- Bywater Properties Investments LLP v Oswestry Town Council – upward-only rent review.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- Community Infrastructure Levy amendment regulations
- Former overriding interests, and whether CRL insurance is still required?
- The new CON 29 and CON 29O enquiry forms.