The June 2008 issue of the CPI Update contains:
Case law commentary on:
- Barclays Bank plc v Guy - Land Registration; fraud and rectification.
- Royal Bank of Scotland plc v Victoria Street (No 3) Ltd - Landlord and tenant; consent to assign.
- Micro Design Group Ltd v BDW Trading Ltd – Overage; planning triggers.
- Bhambhani v Willowcourt Management Co (1985) Ltd - Service charge; certification of expenditure.
- Watson v Croft Promo-Sport Ltd – Nuisance; damages for excessive noise.
- Forsyth-Grant v Allen - Rights to light; basis of damages calculation.
Legislative developments in relation to:
VAT – New Schedule 10 VATA 1994.
Energy Performance of Buildings – Display energy certificates – DCLG Guidance.
SDLT – Residential property disclosure rules.
HIPs – First day marketing provision.
SDLT - Finance Bill amendment.
Practical comment on:
Dilapidation claims – revisions to the pre-action protocol.
Searches and Enquiries – index map search (illustrative plan service).
Searches and Enquiries – noise mapping.
Agreed notices – Protecting sub-sale contracts.
Options to break – Landlord breaking part.
And a consideration of the consequences of a failure to supply an EPC, and statutory pre-emption rights, and what amount to relevant disposals under the LTA 1987.
Published 31st May 2008.