For subscribers, the June 2022 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
• Statutory or common law illegality applied to easements - Energizer Supermarket Ltd v Holiday Snacks Ltd.
• Gearing rents to surrendered lease - Rail for London Limited v Hackney LBC.
• What is a tenant’s last known place of abode - Obi-Ezekpazu v Avon Ground Rents Ltd.
• Validity of a notice to quit served on the wrong entity - Turner v Thomas.
• Validity of a notice to quit served in breach of trust - Procter v Procter.
• Identifying the scope of a retainer - Aurium Real Estate London Ultra Prime Ltd v Mishcon De Reya LLP.
There is also coverage of:
• The new Building Safety Act 2022.
• The business lease exception from ground rent abolition.
• Business rates for non-domestic premises in Wales.
• Amendment to the Fire Safety Order.
• Insolvency, dissolution, disclaimer and escheat.
• An updated Form SCR.
Published on 5 June 2022.