For subscribers, the February 2022 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
• How a corporate landlord signs property notices - Northwood (Solihull) Ltd v Fearn & Ors.
• Turnover rents on lease renewal - W (No.3) GP (Nominee A) Limited v JD Sports Fashion plc.
• Is VAT payable on break premium payments? - Vengrove Ltd v Kuehne & Nagel Ltd.
• End dates and extensions in options to purchase - Retirement Villages Developments Ltd v Punch Partnerships (PTL) Ltd.
• Exceeding powers of an attorney - Chandler v Lombardi.
• The extent of the right to manage - FirstPort Property Services Ltd v Settlers Court RTM Company.
There is also coverage of:
• A new consultation on biodiversity net gain.
• Redacting information when registering charges at Companies House.
• A consultation on enfranchisement and the right to manage.
• Ringfencing rent arrears – some finer points of detail.
• Priority for restrictions in Land Registry applications.
• A reminder of the Land Registry fee increase.
• Land Registry - price paid.
Published on 31 January 2022.