For subscribers, the November 2021 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
• Landlords’ intentions under the 1954 Act - Macey v Pizza Express (Restaurants) Ltd.
• Implied repairing obligations - Stonecrest Marble Ltd v Shepherds Bush Housing Association Ltd.
• Professional negligence and upwards development - Prime London Residential Development Jersey Master Holding Ltd v Withers LLP.
• Equitable liens under contracts for sale - Campbell & Anor v Purchasers of Flats at 47 Clarence Street and 44 Conduit Street, Leicester.
• Reserved rights to mines and minerals - Wynne-Finch & Ors v Natural Resources Body for Wales.
• Option to purchase, assignment and illegality - Chapman v Clarence Court Eggs Ltd & Anor.
• Enforcing keep-open covenants - Sapphire 16 S.a r.l v Marks and Spencer Plc.
There is also coverage of:
• The new policy for First Homes.
• The Residential Property Developer Tax.
• Lenders’ consents in landlord and tenant.
• Execution by electronic signatures.
• Professional conduct and conflict of interests.
Published on 1 November 2021.