For subscribers, the October 2021 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- COVID-19 arrears and implied terms - London Trocadero (2015) LLP v Picturehouse Cinemas Ltd.
- Signing contracts on behalf of a company - Mars Capital Finance Ltd v Hussain.
- Duties of mortgagees and receivers - Serene Construction Ltd v Salata and Associates Ltd.
- Adverse possession and offers to buy - Windmill Holdings SPV Ltd v Adams & Anor.
- Forged signatures on property transfers - Victus Estates & Ors v Munroe & Ors.
There is also coverage of:
- The continued restrictions on forfeiting leases.
- The possibility that CRAR may now be exercised.
- Changes to restrictions on winding-up.
- The new residential property developer tax.
- Professional undertakings - issues for consideration in the light of Harcus Sinclair.
- A new commercial drainage enquiries form.
Published on 1 October 2021.