For subscribers, the September 2021 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
• Acquiring easements by prescription - Hughes v Incumbent of the benefice of Saul & others.
• Assessing damages for unlawfully subletting - Almacantar Centre Point v CID Investments Ltd.
• Misrepresentation by a seller - Shill Properties Ltd v Bunch.
• Nuisance caused by noise - Jones v Ministry of Defence.
• Adverse possession where possession is abandoned - Daniell v Porthleven Harbour and Dock Company.
• Is a boathouse a fixture or a chattel? - Royal Parks Ltd v Bluebird Boats Ltd.
• Service charge drafting - Francis & Anor v Sandoz.
• Multiple dwellings relief for SDLT - Fiander & Brower v Revenue and Customs; Mason v Revenue & Customs.
There is also coverage of:
• A summary of responses to proposals for ring-fencing COVID-19 arrears.
• Opting to tax for VAT - end of temporary extension.
• Land Registry update on electronic signatures.
• Land Registry update approved mortgage deeds.
• Land Registry – depositing old title deeds.
Published on 28 August 2021.