For subscribers, the August 2021 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Vacant possession in break rights - Capitol Park Leeds Plc & Anor v Global Radio Services Ltd.
- Section 84 extinguishment of restrictive covenants - Father's Field Developments Ltd v Namulas Pension Trustees Ltd.
- Solicitors’ undertakings given by LLPs - Harcus Sinclair LLP v Your Lawyers Ltd.
- Is a door a landlord’s fixture? - Marlborough Knightsbridge Management Ltd v Fivaz.
- The effect of escheat on easements - Pall Mall 3 Ltd v Network Rail.
- Escheat and actual occupation - Pennistone Holdings Ltd v Rock Ferry Waterfront Trust.
- 1954 Act pandemic renewal terms - Poundland Limited v Toplain Limited.
- Rectification of a Form TR1 declaration of trust - Ralph v Ralph.
There is also coverage of:
- Landlord and tenant – issues relating to assignment of part.
- Residential development – a proposed Building Safety Levy.
- New Land Registry Form RXC.
- Energy efficiency - Minimum standards (a private members’ bill).
- Business rates changes for England and for Wales.
Published on 30 July 2021.