For subscribers, the July 2021 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Index-linked rent reviews - Monsolar IQ v Ltd Woden Park Ltd.
- Business rates relief for charities - Nuffield Health v London Borough of Merton.
- Conversion of a tenant to a registered society - Mount Wellington Mine Ltd v Renewable Energy Co-op. Ltd.
- Professional negligence and property fraud - Lennon & Anor v Englefield & Ors.
- Warranties and misrepresentation in corporate SPAs - MDW Holdings Ltd v Norvill & Ors.
There is also coverage of:
- The extension of COVID forfeiture restrictions.
- The extension of COVID CRAR restrictions.
- Ring-fencing COVID rent arrears.
- The extension of COVID insolvency restrictions.
- VAT – extending the period for notifying an option to tax.
- Electronic communications consultation in residential landlord and tenant.
- Land registration priority protection for short-term leases.
- Turnover rents: a CoLLS guidance note.
- Land Registry - accepted signatures guidance.
Published on 1 July 2021.