For subscribers, the June 2021 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Validity of a 1954 Act contracting-out statutory declaration - TFS Stores Ltd v The Designer Retail Outlet Centres (Mansfield) General Partner Ltd & Ors.
- Overreaching equitable ownership - Knight v Fernley.
- Actionable interference with easements - Bockenfield Aerodrome Ltd & Anor v Scott Clarehugh.
- Insolvency affecting landlord (CVAs, schemes and restructuring) - Lazari Properties 2 Ltd v New Look Retailers Ltd, Carraway Guildford (Nominee A) Ltd v Regis UK Ltd, and Re Virgin Active Holdings Ltd.
- Business rates tax avoidance schemes - Hurstwood Properties (A) Ltd v Rossendale BC.
- Reasonably refusing consent under restrictive covenants - Hicks v 89 Holland Park (Management) Ltd.
There is also consideration of:
- Consultation on the VAT option to tax.
- The new ground rents bill affecting new leasehold developments.
- The establishment of the Commonhold Council.
- The Fire Safety Act 2021.
- Electronic communications in landlord and tenant.
- Release from tenant liability for retiring partners.
- The new Boundary Disputes Mediation service.
- First registration scanning.
Published on 31 May 2021.