For subscribers, the April 2021 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Notices to make an agreement for lease unconditional - Performance Retail (General Partner) Ltd v Wagamama Ltd.
- Diversion of public footpaths - The Open Spaces Society v Sec. State DEFRA.
- Interpreting garden or grounds for SDLT - Hyman & Ors v Revenue and Customs.
- Repair covenants and structural defects - City of London v Various Leaseholders of Great Arthur House.
- Contracts for sale, section 2 and proprietary estoppel - Howe & Anor v Gossop & Anor.
There is also consideration of:
- A new MEES consultation for non-domestic buildings.
- Consultation on energy and carbon performance.
- COVID-19 update - extension of temporary measures affecting landlords, and also the end of some temporary measures.
- Proposed reform of charity disposals.
- Proposed reform of the LRA 2002.
- The non-UK residents’ SDLT surcharge.
- The extension of the SDLT & LTT ‘holiday’.
- Updated annual amounts for ATED.
- Avoiding Land Registry requisitions relating to restrictions.
- Land Registry’s new Digital Identity Standard.
Published on 1 April 2021.