For subscribers, the March 2021 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- ‘Fair’ service charge apportionments - Criterion Buildings Ltd v McKinsey & Company Inc (UK).
- The Supreme Court again considers town or village greens - TW Logistics Ltd v Essex County Council.
- Practical benefits of covenants under section 84 LPA 1925 - Re Coplestone’s Application.
- Adverse possession, rectification, and equivocal evidence - Amirtharaja & Anor v White & Anor.
- Granting a lease to oneself and another - Procter & Anor v Procter & Ors.
- Exploring the extent of a right of way - Bucknell v Alchemy Estates (Holywell) Ltd.
There is also consideration of:
- The introduction of the new VAT ‘reverse charge’.
- Increasing the ‘relevant rent’ for commercial leases under Land Transaction Tax.
- Unoccupied property rates relief in Wales.
- Turnover rents, assignment and LTCA 1995 issues.
- Land Registry clarifications on electronic signatures.
- Using counterpart deeds for registrable dispositions.
- Expediting applications at the Land Registry.
Published on 1 March 2021.