For subscribers, the February 2021 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Drainage easements and riparian rights - Bernel Ltd v Canal and River Trust.
- Waiver of the right to forfeit - Faiz v Burnley Borough Council.
- 1954 Act opposition to renewal - Kent v Guest.
- Rent suspension clauses in leases - Chana v CC Properties (Yorkshire) Ltd.
- The ability to register a Land Registry restriction - Sensar Ltd, R (On the Application Of) v Chief Land Registrar.
- Electronic Communications Code and 1954 Act rights - Cornerstone Telecommunications Infrastructure Ltd v Ashloch Ltd & AP Wireless II (UK) Ltd.
There is also consideration of:
- HMRC update on VAT on early termination fees.
- A consultation to reform the Electronic Communications Code.
- A right to regenerate (reform of the right to contest).
- Residential leasehold reform of long leases.
- New SDLT forms to deal with the 2% surcharge.
- Land Transaction Tax transitional provisions.
- Getting rid of a rentcharge.
- Replying to Land Registry requisitions.
- Law Society Q&As on electronic signatures.
Published on 1 February 2021.