For subscribers, the January 2021 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Non-compliant disposals of public open spaces - R (on the application of Day) v Shropshire Council & Others.
- Options to purchase triggered by planning - Fishbourne Developments Ltd v Stephens.
- The extent of a right of way - McGill v Stewart & Anor.
- Interpreting covenants to pay energy charges - Manchester Airport & Anor v Radisson Hotel Manchester Ltd.
- Business rates and the status of property guardians - Southwark London Borough Council v Ludgate House Ltd.
There is also consideration of:
- The continuation of restrictions on forfeiture.
- The continuation of restrictions on CRAR.
- An extension of the winding-up restrictions.
- New COVID-19 local authority enforcement powers.
- New Land Transaction Tax rates and bands for Wales.
- FCA consultation on guidance for business interruption insurance claims.
- Consultation on changes to permitted development rights.
- Protecting charging orders by restrictions and notices.
- SDLT part-exchange relief.
- Land Registry official searches.
Published on 3 January 2021.