For subscribers, the December 2020 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Challenging a landlord’s service charge certificate - Sara & Hossein Asset Holdings Ltd v Blacks Outdoor Retail Ltd.
- The effect of dissolution, disclaimer and restoration - Mistral Asset Finance Ltd v Registrar of Companies.
- Taking account of value from freehold reversions - Morris Homes Ltd & Anor v Cheshire West & Chester Council.
- Cynical breaches of restrictive covenants - Alexander Devine Children’s Cancer Trust v Housing Solutions Ltd.
- Using the subject to contract caveat - Joanne Properties Ltd v Moneything Capital Ltd.
- Planning conditions and highway dedication - DB Symmetry Ltd v Swindon Borough Council.
There is also consideration of:
- Amendments to the Use Classes Order challenged by judicial review.
- VAT – extension of the period for notifying an option to tax.
- Amendment to the CIL Regulations.
- Government response to proposed RPI methodology changes.
- Examining what is comprised in demised property.
- Land Registry - Proposed identification standards.
Published on 30 November 2020.