For subscribers, the October 2020 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Exploring who is entitled to insurance proceeds - Colt Group Ltd v Unicourt Wandsworth LLP.
- The ability to get relief from forfeiture - Keshwala & Anor v Bhalsod.
- The extent of easements granted - Mills v The Estate of Philip John Partridge, Deceased.
- Service charges and commissions received - Criterion Buildings Ltd v McKinsey & Company, Inc.
- Severance of joint tenancies - Fantini v Scrutton.
- Electronic Communications Code and break rights - EE Ltd & Hutchison 3G UK Ltd v Edelwind Ltd & Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government.
There is also consideration of:
- COVID-19 update: restrictions on forfeiture.
- COVID-19 update: restrictions on CRAR.
- COVID-19 update: restrictions on winding-up.
- New COVID-19 guidance on the Community Infrastructure Levy.
- VAT on early termination payments and contract deposits.
- Offer-back clauses in landlord and tenant.
- A new Land Registry COVID-19 Practice Guide.
- Further Land Registry Practice Guide updates (LRPG 8 and LRPG 19).
- Property taxes guidance from the Law Society.
Published on 30 September 2020.