For subscribers, the September 2020 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Whether restrictive covenants in leases operate in restraint of trade - Peninsula Securities Ltd v Dunnes Stores (Bangor) Ltd.
- 1954 Act renewal of an electronic communications agreement - Vodafone Limited v Hanover Capital Limited.
- What is the extent of demised registered property - R (on the application of HCP (Hendon) Ltd) v Chief Land Registrar.
- Interpreting rent review clauses - Eric Wright Group Ltd v Council of the City of Manchester.
There is also commentary on legislative and practice changes, including:
- A new Government consultation on options to purchase.
- Significant changes to the Use Classes Order.
- The coming into force of the RICS Code for Leasing Business Premises.
- COVID-19 update on the termination of tenancies.
- Practical points in relation to option to renew.
- Food for thought in relation to landlord releases under the 1995 Act.
- Land Registry practice on consent restrictions.
Published on 1 September 2020.