For subscribers, the August 2020 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Analysing exceptions and reservations of mines and minerals - ARC Aggregates Ltd v Branston Properties Ltd.
- Precision notices for a tenant’s right to break? GKN Aerospace Services Ltd v Duncan Investments Ltd.
- Circumventing a Form A restriction - N3 Living Ltd v Burgess Property Investments Ltd.
- A case on the validity of a GAGA - EMI Group Ltd v The Prudential Assurance Company Ltd.
- Buyers with equitable liens exposed on insolvency - Duffy & Anor v MJF Pension Trustees Ltd & Ors.
- The boundary condition in adverse possession claims - Dowse & Dowse v Bradford Metropolitan Borough Council.
- Interpreting reservations in leases - Rees & Anor v Windsor-Clive & Ors.
- Specifying breaches for forfeiture - Marchitelli v 15 Westgate Terrace Ltd.
- Electronic communications code problems – Arqiva Services Ltd v AP Wireless II (UK) Ltd.
There is also commentary on legislative and practice changes, including:
- New legislation extending existing planning permissions.
- The new SDLT residential property holiday.
- Changed residential rates for Land Transaction Tax in Wales.
- A discretion to allow deferral of the Community Infrastructure Levy.
- The SDLT non-UK resident surcharge applying from April 2021.
- The SDLT additional homes surcharge - exceptional circumstances.
- SDLT & ATED - relief for housing co-operatives.
- Residential leasehold - Law Commission reports.
- A consideration of CVAs, the 1954 Act and ground (g).
- HM Land Registry’s introduction of electronic signatures.
- Varying leases: SDLT and VAT.
- VAT on property search fees.
Published on 3 August 2020.