For subscribers, the July 2020 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Errors in index-linked clauses - Monsolar IQ Ltd v Woden Park Ltd.
- Protecting sub-sale contracts - Ezair v Conn & Ors.
- VAT on options to purchase - Landlinx Estates Ltd v Revenue & Customs Commissioners.
- Electronic delivery of deeds - Umrish Ltd & Ors v Gill.
- Consent pursuant to restrictive covenants - 89 Holland Park Management Ltd v Hicks.
- SDLT multiple dwellings relief - Fiander & Brower v Revenue & Customs Commissioners.
- Private dwelling use in leases - Triplerose Ltd v Beattie & Anor.
There is also extensive commentary on the implications for property of the coronavirus crisis, including:
- Extended restrictions on forfeiture (and amended Civil Procedure Rules).
- Extended restrictions on the use of CRAR.
- Extended restrictions on statutory demands and winding-up.
- Time for registration of company charges.
- SDLT surcharge relief on a delayed sale of a main residence.
- Time for notifying a VAT options to tax.
- The Government Code of Practice for commercial property relationships.
- Avoiding the lapse of planning permissions.
- Exchanging contracts and completing transactions.
- Execution of documents.
- Land Registry ID forms.
The Update also covers:
- Royal Assent to the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020.
Published on 1 July 2020.