For subscribers, the June 2020 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Conditional agreements for surrender - Dreams Ltd v Pavilion Property Trustees Ltd.
- Enforcing tenant covenants - Duval v 11-13 Randolph Crescent Ltd.
- Triggering an option to purchase - Fishbourne Developments Ltd v Stephens.
- Certifying service charge costs - Sara & Hossein Asset Holdings Ltd v Blacks Outdoor Retail Ltd.
- Rectification of the register - Rees v 82 Portland Place Investments LLP.
- Business rates for ATMs - Cardtronics UK Ltd & ors v Sykes & ors (Valuation Officers).
- Landlord’s fixtures - Fivaz v Marlborough Knightsbridge Management Ltd.
There is also extensive commentary on the implications for property of the coronavirus crisis, including:
- The new restrictions on winding-up.
- Extensions for opting to tax land and buildings.
- Relaxation of rules for CIL and section 106 agreements.
- Force majeure drafting.
- The acceptance of Mercury signings by the Land Registry.
- Virtual statutory declarations & the 1954 Act.
- New Land Registry ID procedures.
The Update also covers:
- The new business rescue moratorium.
- An energy efficiency consultation on EPC Regulations.
Published on 1 June 2020.