For subscribers, the February 2020 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Negligence arising from the lack of a Land Registry restriction - Gosden & Anor v Halliwell Landau (a firm) & Anor.
- Witnessing by video link - Yuen v Wong.
- Vesting orders after a Crown disclaimer - Leon v Her Majesty's Attorney General & Ors.
- Material considerations in planning decisions - R (on the application of Wright) v Resilient Energy Severndale Ltd.
- Modifying restrictive covenants - Martin v Lipton.
There is also commentary on:
- Electronic communications in leasehold property.
- SDLT updated guidance on dwellings.
- Residential leaseholds and the enfranchisement consultation.
- Contract races - dealing with more than one buyer.
- Land Registry practice guide update: trusts.
- Land Registry practice guide update: adverse possession.
- Land Registry practice guide update: execution of deeds.
Published on 2 February 2020.