For subscribers, the January 2020 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Using CRAR and waiving forfeiture - Brar & Brar v Thirunavukkrasu.
- The statutory incompatibility test for village green registrations - Lancashire CC, R (on the application of) v SSEFRA & Anor.
- Easements for statutory undertakings - Bate v Affinity Water Ltd.
- CVAs and lease surrenders - In the matter of Instant Cash Loans Ltd.
- Revoking a tenant’s CVA - Williams & Laverty v Carraway Guildford (Nominee A) Ltd.
- Modifying restrictive covenants in a long lease - Berkeley Square Investments Ltd v Berkeley Square Holdings Ltd.
- The test for an actionable interference with an easement - Singhson Ltd & Ors v Kanendran.
There is also commentary on:
- The SRA consultation on indemnity insurance levels.
- Energy efficiency – reforming the Heat Network Regulations.
- Rent deposit obligations.
- Law Society guidance on conflicts of interest.
Published on 3 January 2020.