For subscribers, the December 2019 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Personal obligations in agreements for lease - Bella Italia Restaurants Ltd v Stane Park Ltd.
- Top-up clauses in rent deposit deeds - Shinners v London Trocadero (2015) LLP.
- Section 84 modification of old planning agreements - Payne v Maldon District Council.
- CGT private residence relief - Revenue and Customs v Higgins.
- Interpreting rights of way - Vance & Vance v Collerton & Collerton.
- Leasehold enfranchisement: definition of a “flat” - Aldford House Freehold Ltd v Grosvenor (Mayfair) Estate.
- Electronic communications code where an operator holds over under the 1954 Act - Cornerstone Telecommunications v Ashloch Ltd.
- Electronic communications code right to enter for survey only - The University of London v Cornerstone Telecommunications.
There is also commentary on:
- Varying a lease and registering deeds of variation.
- The presence of a witness and signatory at execution of a deed.
- Land Registry practice on price paid where there are discounts.
- Land Registry on describing demised property where there are exclusions.
Published on 1 December 2019.