For subscribers, the October 2019 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- The electronic signing of a section 2 contract - Neocleous v Rees;
- Treatment of future rent and forfeiture under CVAs - Discovery (Northampton) Ltd v Debenhams Retail Ltd;
- VAT and TOGC rules - General Distribution and Storage Ltd v Revenue & Customs;
- Modifying leasehold covenants under section 84 LPA 1925 - Shaviram Normandy Ltd v Basingstoke and Deane BC;
- Fixtures and chattels on the sale of land - Borwick Dev. Solutions Ltd v Clear Water Fisheries Ltd.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- The Law Commission report on electronic signatures;
- A miscellany of points on contract deposits;
- Pre-contract enquiries - updated CON 29 guidance notes.
Published on 30 September 2019.