For subscribers, the September 2019 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- The scope of Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 pre-emption rights - York House (Chelsea) Ltd v Thompson & Thompson;
- What are “garden or grounds” for SDLT? - Hyman v Revenue & Customs;
- The legal effect of sub-sale contracts - Conn and another v Ezair; Re Charlotte Street Properties Ltd;
- Informal agreements to extinguish easements - Pezaro v Bourne;
- Checking on tenant identity - Seafood Shack Ltd v Darlow;
- Redevelopment under the 1954 Act - London Kendal Street No3 Ltd v Daejan Investments Ltd.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- Community Infrastructure Levy - amendment regulations;
- Residential development - shared ownership;
- Capital allowances - guidance on non-residential structures;
- Land Registry - Practice Guide updates;
- Party walls - RICS Guidance.
Published on 1 September 2019.