For subscribers, the August 2019 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Resisting the electronic communications codes by redeveloping - EE Ltd & ors v Chichester & ors (Trustees of Meyrick);
- Contract clauses dealing with striking off - Bridgehouse (Bradford No.2) v BAE Systems plc;
- Capacity of a tenant to take a lease - Panton v Brophy;
- Intensification of use and easements - Stanning v Baldwin;
- Prescriptive drainage rights - Stanning v Baldwin (again).
In addition, there is coverage of:
- Changes to ancillary CGT reliefs for private residence relief;
- The new capital allowance for new non-residential buildings;
- Proposals to change assured tenancy termination;
- Proposals to reform residential tenancy deposits;
- The Environment Bill and conservation covenants;
- Holding on to rent deposits after assignment;
- An updated Conveyancing Protocol.
Published on 2 August 2019.