For subscribers, the June 2019 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Drafting overage planning triggers - Loxleigh Investments Ltd v Dartford Borough Council.
- Relief from ATED: a property development trade - Hopscotch Ltd v HM Revenue & Customs.
- Interpreting service charge clauses - Wilcock v The Guinness Partnership Ltd.
- Corporate support and disclosure letters - Persimmon Homes Ltd v Hillier & Anor.
- Trigger events and town or village greens - Wiltshire Council v Cooper Estates Strategic Land Ltd.
- Reasonable endeavours to trigger overage - Gaia Ventures Ltd v Abbeygate Helical (Leisure Plaza) Ltd.
- Insured damage and reinstatement value - Sartex Quilts & Textiles Ltd v Endurance Corporate Capital Ltd.
- Suing in negligence for defective works - Thomas & Anor v Taylor Wimpey Developments Ltd & Ors.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- Land Transaction Tax and SDLT – the definition of residential property.
- Planning changes - permitted development rights.
- Residential tenancies – new section 21 notices.
- Residential tenancies - Tenant Fees Act 2019 commencement.
- Unregistered transactions - completion instructions for a seller’s solicitor.
- Land Registry practice (LRPG 19) on restrictions.
- Conveyancing – completion information forms.
Published on 3 June 2019.