For subscribers, the May 2019 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- An analysis of GAGA provisions of a licence to assign - Co-Operative Group Food Ltd v A & A Shah Properties Limited.
- Whether a countersigned letter can amount to a section 2 contract - Kuznetsov v Camden London Borough Council.
- A fencing easement or a positive covenant? - Churston Golf Club Ltd v Haddock.
- Relief from forfeiture of a long lease of commercial premises - SHB Realisations Ltd & Anor v Cribbs Mall Nominee (1) Ltd.
- Interpreting reserved rights in tenancy agreements - Windsor-Clive v Rees & Anor.
- Interpreting a tenant covenant to permit access - New Crane Wharf Freehold Ltd v Dovener.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- The draft new Code for Leasing Business Premises (1st Edition).
- The ending of section 21 Housing Act 1988 terminations.
- Consultation on reform of agricultural tenancy law.
- Stamp duty regulation amendment for impressed stamps.
- Practical points on sub-sale contracts.
- Land Registry practice on execution by overseas companies.
Published on 30 April 2019.