For subscribers, the February 2019 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Development agreements and adherence to public procurement rules - Faraday Development Ltd v West Berkshire Council.
- Ready able and willing to complete – Oakley v Harper McKay Developments Ltd.
- Extent of an easement where a covenant is varied - O’Byrne Re Land at Tubney Manor Farm.
- Timely relief from forfeiture - Gibbs v Lakeside Developments Ltd.
- Waiver of a right to forfeit - Stemp v 6 Ladbroke Gardens Management Ltd.
- CIL exemption for self-builders - R (on the applic. of Shropshire Council) v DCLG & Lee Jones.
- What are common parts for enfranchisement purposes? - LM Homes Ltd & others v Queen Court Freehold Co Ltd.
- Powers of attorney and deeds of guarantee - Katara Hospitality v Guez & Rose.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- A Law Commission consultation on rights to manage.
- Various problems with break clauses.
- Modified Land Registry guidance on easements.
- Land Registry guidance on Form RX1 restriction applications.
- Further Land Transaction Tax guidance provided by the WRA.
Published on 31 January 2019.