For subscribers, the January 2019 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- The extent to which motive is relevant under 1954 Act ground (f) - S Franses Ltd v The Cavendish Hotel (London) Ltd.
- Statutory vesting of highway land - Southwark LBC & City of London Corp v Transport For London.
- The effect of a disclaimer of freeholds - Sleight v The Crown Estate Commissioners.
- Compensation for listing as an asset of community value - St John Ambulance v Teignbridge District Council.
- How fraud does not prevent an adverse possession claim - Rashid v Nasrullah.
- What is a ‘mistake’ for rectification purposes? - Antoine v Barclays Bank Plc.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- The Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018.
- A Law Commission consultation on commonhold.
- Consultation on reform of the Community Infrastructure Levy.
- A new Land Registry Form ADD.
- Updated guidance on VAT and transfers of going concerns.
- Japanese knotweed - impact on mortgage lending.
Published on 2 January 2019.