For subscribers, the November 2018 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Covenants against parting with possession - Reiner v Triplark Ltd.
- Ready, able and willing to serve a notice to complete - Cantt Pak Ltd v Pak Southern China Property Investment Ltd.
- VAT zero-rating and the ‘golden brick’ rule - Honeygarth Ltd v Revenue & Customs Commissioners.
- Registration of town or village greens - TW Logistics Ltd v Essex County Council.
- The effect of terminating a CVA – Wright & anor (Liquidators of SHB Realisations Ltd) v Prudential Assurance Co. Ltd.
- Landlords’ obligations to enforce covenants - Duval v 11-13 Randolph Crescent Ltd.
- What is a good root of title - Bannerman Town, Millars & Anor v Eleuthera Properties Ltd.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- SDLT changes in Budget 2018 (on First Time Buyers' Relief and the additional homes surcharge).
- Changes to the SDLT filing period.
- New regulations affecting development land and village greens in Wales.
- Consultation on new permitted development rights.
- Proposed new regulations for Community Infrastructure Levy.
- A new definition for Houses in Multiple Occupation.
- Using completion notices to force a completion.
- Replacing a main residence (the 25 November rule).
- Title insurance and the Insurance Distribution Directive.
Published on 31 October 2018.