For subscribers, the September 2018 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Avoiding the perpetually renewable lease - Palo Alto Ltd v Alnor Estates Ltd.
- From when does liability run under a collateral warranty deed? - Swansea Stadium Man. Co. Ltd v City & County of Swansea.
- Ground (f) and the use of a building lease - Santander UK plc v LCP Estates Limited.
- Unity of seisin and restrictive covenants - Jones v Oven.
- Interpreting an index-linked rent review clause - Trillium (Prime) Property GP Ltd v Elmfield Road Ltd.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- The Law Commission’s consultation paper on electronic signatures.
- Changes to the SDLT filing period.
- The DBEIS call for evidence on EPCs.
- Registering easements in short-term leases.
- Using cautions against first registration.
Published on 31 August 2018.