For subscribers, the August 2018 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- The nuisance case on Japanese Knotweed in the Court of Appeal – Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd v Williams & Waistell.
- Selecting triggers for overage payments – London & Ilford Ltd v Sovereign Property Holdings Ltd.
- Business rates mitigation schemes - R (Principled Offsite Logistics Ltd) v Trafford Council.
- Protecting contract deposits - Williams & Thomas v Broadoak Private Finance Ltd.
- Trigger events suspending village green applications - Cooper Estates Strategic Land Limited v Wiltshire Council.
- CIL, section 106, and the effect of regulation 123 lists - R (on the application of Oates) v Wealden DC & Catesby Estates Ltd.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- HMRC clarification on the definition of residential property (section 116 Finance Act 2003).
- Law Commission proposals for reforming the LRA 2002.
- Law Commission proposals for long leases.
- Consultation on security of tenure for residential tenancies.
- Energy efficiency - closure of the CRC scheme.
- Energy efficiency - call for evidence on EPCs.
Published on 31 July 2018.