For subscribers, the July 2018 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- The effectiveness of non-reliance clauses in leases - First Tower Trustees Ltd v CDS (Superstores Int.) Ltd.
- Is an agreement a lease or a licence? - London College of Business Ltd v Tareem Ltd.
- Obtaining relief from forfeiture of a licence - The Manchester Ship Canal Co. Ltd v Vauxhall Motors Ltd.
- Reviewing a recent case on parking easements - De Le Cuona v Big Apple Marketing Ltd.
- Reviewing a recent case on a tenant’s break right - Goldman Sachs International v Procession House Trustee Ltd.
- Specific performance of positive trading obligations - Zinc Cobham 1 Ltd (in administration) v Adda Hotels.
- Modifying covenants as an original covenantor - Geall, Re Vine Cross.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- The problems arising on the transfer of part of a reversion.
- The length of a lease guarantee.
- Land Registry practice on local land charges.
- Other recent Land Registry practice guide updates.
Published on 1 July 2018.