For subscribers, the June 2018 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- The implications of Dreamvar in the Court of Appeal - P&P Property Ltd v Owen White & Catlin LLP.
- Pre-conditions in a tenant’s break clause - Goldman Sachs International v Procession House Trustee Ltd.
- Can an easement overreach equitable ownership? - Baker v Craggs.
- Serving notice to terminate an agreement for lease - Ropemaker Properties Ltd v Bella Italia Restaurants Ltd.
- Avoiding subrogation in a commercial lease - Prezzo Ltd v High Point Estates Ltd.
- Easement and covenant enforceability - Roberts v Parker.
- Listing ACVs on the basis of trespassory user - Banner Homes Ltd v St Albans City and District Council.
- Releasing restrictive covenants - Flowers v Chief Land Registrar.
- The validity of anti-oral variation clauses - Rock Advertising Ltd v MWB Business Exchange Centres Ltd.
- Preventing “as of right” user with signage - R (on the application of Cotham School) v Bristol City Council.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- Energy efficiency - new guidance on MEES exemptions.
- SRA consultation on indemnity insurance levels.
- Rent review assumptions for the MEES regulations.
- Interim Law Society Guidance on VAT on property searches (the Brabners case).
Published on 31 May 2018.