For subscribers, the May 2018 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- An entire agreement clause does not preclude implying terms - J N Hipwell & Son v Szurek.
- Tenants’ covenants against applying for planning permission - Rotrust Nominees Ltd v Hautford Ltd.
- Interpreting easements - Pennant v Watkin Jones & Sons Ltd.
- Losing SDLT relief for higher threshold interests - Goode Cuisine Company Ltd v Revenue and Customs.
- Constructive trusts in property development - Generator Developments Ltd v Lidl UK GMBH.
- Service by electronic means under the Party Walls Etc. Act 1996 - Knight v Goulandris.
- Town and village green registration/statutory incompatibility - Lancashire CC, R (on the applic. of) v DEFRA.
- Licences to use converted to easements - The Corporation of Trinity House of Deptford Strond v 4-6 Trinity Church Square Freehold Ltd.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- Enforcing positive covenants by making use of rentcharges.
- A consultation response on business rates.
- A consultation response on the home buying and selling process.
- Appeals from the Property Chamber.
- A consultation response on beneficial ownership of overseas companies.
- Land Registry practice guide changes on official searches.
- Updated CPSEs.
Published on 1 May 2018.