For subscribers, the April 2018 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- How far downwards does a lease of the ground floor extend? - Gorst v Knight.
- The VAT/TOGC dangers of paying a deposit to an agent - Clark Hill Ltd v Revenue & Customs Commissioners.
- Does an obligation to fence a boundary abandon an easement? - Annetts v Adeleye.
- Interpreting restrictions on sub-letting - Warborough Investments Ltd v Lunar Office S.A.R.L.
- What constitutes a mistake in the register? - Antoine v Barclays Bank Plc & others.
- The continuing relevance of rights of reverter - Rittson-Thomas & Ors v Oxfordshire County Council.
In addition, there is coverage of: The implications of the MEES Regulations now having effect.
- Land Transaction Tax - commencement, guidance and forms.
- Consultation on a review of the Code for Leasing Business Premises.
- Land Registry change of practice on execution of documents by overseas companies.
- New changes to standard conditions of sale and SCPCs.
- A new disclosure of incentives form for residential development.
- A new City of London short form report on title.
- Various Land Registry practice guide updates.
Published on 2 April 2018.