For subscribers, the March 2018 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Good and bad reasons for refusing consent to assign - No.1 West India Quay (Residential) Ltd v East Tower Apartments Ltd;
- Non-compliance with pre-emption rights (Part 1, LTA 1987) - Jones v Mahmut;
- An easement of fencing - Churston Golf Club v Haddock;
- Occupation under the 1954 Act by controlled companies - Smyth-Tyrrell v Bowden;
- Establishing a building scheme - Khoury v Kensell;
- Enforcing rights through constructive trusts - Farrar v Miller.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- Additional regulations for Land Transaction Tax.
- A call for evidence on Commonhold.
- Underleases for the residue of a term.
- Equitable assignments and the LTCA 1995.
- Land Registry practice on execution by overseas companies.
- Official guidance on Land Transaction Tax.
- Land Registry - change of gender.
- Land Registry - digital mortgages.
Published on 28 February 2018.