For subscribers, the February 2018 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Another “registration gap” case (tenant’s break notice) - Sackville UK Property Select II (GP) No.1 Ltd v Robertson Taylor Insurance Brokers Ltd.
- Is airspace demised with a lease of a building? - Ralph Kline Ltd v Metropolitan and County Holdings Ltd.
- Damages recoverable for breach of contract - Conway & Anor v Eze.
- Reasonable endeavours in overage clauses - Gaia Ventures Ltd v Abbeygate Helical (Leisure Plaza) Ltd.
- Tenant covenants requiring consent - Victory Place Management Company Ltd v Kuehn.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- The new rates of tax applicable under Land Transaction Tax.
- An overview of Land Transaction Tax.
- Amendments to the Land Registration Rules 2003.
- The Departmental Minute on liability for digital conveyancing.
- Practice Note on court proceedings under the Electronic Communications Code.
- Law Society statement on VAT on searches.
- Land Registry restrictions on leasehold titles.
Published on 1 February 2018.