For subscribers, the January 2018 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Whether service charge costs are “reasonably incurred” - Cos Services Ltd v Nicholson & Willans.
- Serving a section 146 notice too early - Toms v Ruberry.
- Whether an agreement is a lease or a licence - Gilpin v Legg.
- Obtaining an injunction for breach of covenants - Humphrey v Rogers.
- Acting against a former client – Western Avenue Properties Ltd v Soni.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- The commencement of the new Electronic Communications Code.
- Energy efficiency – proposed amendment of the MEES Regulations.
- Energy efficiency – republished guidance on EPCs.
- The Law Commission’s 13th programme of reform.
- The Government’s consultation response on unfair practices in residential leaseholds.
- Revised ATED annual amounts.
- A consultation on assessing business rates for multi-occupied properties.
- Balancing the professional conduct duties of confidentiality and disclosure.
- A further update to the Land Registry practice guide on easements.
Published on 2 January 2018.