For subscribers, the December 2017 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Rent review: can time be made of the essence? - Proxima GR Properties Ltd v Spencer;
- Town and village greens: when is the application made? St John's College, Cambridge; R (on the application of) v Cambridgeshire CC;
- Is a deed authorised to be made? - Knightsbridge Property Development Corporation (UK) Ltd v South Chelsea Properties Ltd;
- Priority between equitable charges - Amari Lifestyle Ltd (t/a Amari Super Cars) v Warnes;
- Extinguishment of recent restrictive covenants - Barter (Re Ivy House);
- Issuing proceedings against the wrong tenant - Manorshow Ltd v Boots Opticians Professional Services Ltd.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- The Autumn Statement: SDLT first time buyer’s relief.
- The Autumn Statement: SDLT changes to the higher rate charge.
- Consultation on changes to town and village green registrations in Wales.
- Part I, LTA 1987 pre-emption rights, long leases and assured tenancies.
- Pre-emption rights and commercial units.
- Changes required to all standard conditions.
- 1954 Act - unopposed lease renewals in Central London county court.
- Land Registry – expansion of information services.
Published on 1 December 2017.