For subscribers, the November 2017 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Rights to light easements acquired by tenants - Metropolitan Housing Trust Ltd v RMC FH Co Ltd.
- Excluding “permitted dispositions” from overage clauses - Burrows Investments Ltd v Ward Homes Ltd.
- Adverse possession claims - Souaissi v Tingle.
- Changing the use of dominant land - Fitzpatrick & Ors v Spencer & Beange.
- Enforceability of restrictive covenants - Doberman v Watson.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- The newly announced Land Transaction Tax rates in Wales.
- Guidance on the MEES regulations for residential property.
- Consultation/call for evidence on the conveyancing process.
- Consultation on the role of managing agents.
- Consultation on the RICS service charge code (4th Edition).
- A proposed commencement of the new Electronic Communications Code.
- Overage drafting - excepted dispositions.
- Advising tenants on AGA liabilities.
- New address for notifying an option to tax.
- Land Registry - priority of applications.
- Land Registry - pre-emption rights.
- Code of Conduct - conflicts of interests.
Published on 31 October 2017.