For subscribers, the October 2017 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- VAT on recharged property searches - Brabners LLP v Revenue & Customs Commissioners;
- Implied terms in an overage agreement - Sparks v Biden;
- Unilaterally altering the route of an easement - Lea v Ward;
- Negligent mis-statement though “Find a Solicitor”? - The Law Society v Schubert Murphy (A Firm);
- Enforcing mutually dependent restrictive covenants - Signature of St Albans (Property) Guernsey Ltd v Wragg;
- Fraud, adverse possession and rectification - Rashid v Rashid.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- A recent Pool Re report on terrorism insurance.
- The new Boundary Disputes Protocol.
- Lease termination by surrender, by break, and as to part.
- The joint advice note on property fraud from the Land Registry and the Law Society.
- An SRA warning notice on tax avoidance.
- The use of forms ID1 and ID2.
Published on 1 October 2017.