For subscribers, the September 2017 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Is motive relevant when using ground (f)? - S Franses Ltd v The Cavendish Hotel (London) Ltd;
- What is the vertical extent of a highway? - Southwark LBC & The City of London v Transport for London;
- Ensuring a landlord’s lender consents to a surrender - The Co-operative Bank plc v Hayes Freehold Ltd (in liq.);
- Termination of a licence to occupy - West End Commercial Ltd v London Trocadero (2015) LLP;
- What is a “mistake” for land registration purposes? - NRAM plc v Evans;
- The burden of proof in prescriptive easement cases - Welford v Graham;
- Implied ancillary rights in easements - Dickinson & Anor v Cassillas.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- Residential leaseholds - consultation on leasehold houses.
- Electronic Communications Code - transitional provisions.
- Commercial leases - defining “the Term”.
- 1954 Act - contracting-out notices.
- Land Registry - Practice Guide on - overseas companies.
- Leasehold houses - CML information.
- Land Registry - Practice Guide: Easements.
- Land Registry - Practice Guide: Evidence of identity.
- Land Registry - Practice Guide: Boundaries.
Published on 27 August 2017.