For subscribers, the June 2017 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following issues:
- Detailed commentary on the 3rd Edition of the SCPCs;
- An analysis of the new electronic communications code under the Digital Economy Act 2017;
- Reporting to clients on planning searches - Orientfield Holdings Ltd v Bird & Bird LLP;
- Protecting pre-emption rights with Land Registry restrictions - Law v Haider;
- The rule in Harris v Flower (on the extent of a dominant tenement) - Gore v Naheed & Ahmed;
- Serving notices under clauses in leases - Grimes v Trustees of the Essex Farmers & Union Hunt;
- An interpretation of a contract exclusion clause - Persimmon Homes Ltd and others v Ove Arup & Partners Ltd;
- Contamination by Japanese knotweed - Waistell v Network Rail Infrastructure Limited;
- SDLT replaced by a Land Transaction Tax for Wales;
- Rent review - apportioning back rent liability.
Published on 31 May 2017.