For subscribers, the March 2017 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Duties of care in property fraud cases - Dreamvar (UK) Limited v Mishcon de Reya;
- Termination of side letters to leases - Vivienne Westwood Ltd v Conduit Street Development Ltd;
- Non-reliance clauses in leases - misrepresentation - First Tower Trustees Ltd v CDS (Superstores Int.) Ltd;
- The effect of a right of waiver in conditional contracts - Anderson Properties Ltd v Blyth Liggins;
- Checking easements for under-tenants - Balogun v Boyes Sutton and Perry;
- Is occupation based on a lease or licence - Watts v Stewart.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- Government guidance on the effect of the MEES Regulations.
- Consultation on changes to the Land Registration Rules 2003.
- A Community Infrastructure Levy review: the independent report to Government.
- Further consultation on starter homes.
- HMRC consultation on tobacco duty evasion.
- Charges in debentures – who has priority?
- The Land Registry’s view on the effectiveness of e-signatures.
Published on 1 March 2017.