For subscribers, the February 2017 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Breaching covenants against parting with possession - Reiner v Triplark;
- Interpreting underletting restrictions - Lunar Office SARL v Warborough Investments Limited;
- Applying to modify restrictive covenants - Millgate Dev. Ltd v Alexander Devine Children’s Cancer Trust;
- Proper care in the context of rectification - Patel v Freddy's Ltd;
- New lease rents in 1954 Act renewals - Clear Call Ltd v Central London Investments Ltd;
- Experts’ determinations of boundary disputes - Jones v Murrell.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- The Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings - annual amounts for 2017/2018;
- Redemption of rentcharges in Wales;
- Replacement environmental regulations;
- A call for evidence on limited partnerships;
- Licences to sub-let and section 19(1)(b) LTA 1927;
- VAT on CON29 and CON29O searches;
- Land Registry cancellation procedures;
- Land Registry practice on execution of deeds.
Published on 31 January 2017.