For subscribers, the December 2016 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- Interpreting multiple condition contract - Dooba Developments Ltd v McLagan Investments Ltd;
- The extent of a seller’s solicitor’s warranty of authority - P&P Property Ltd v Owen White and Catlin LLP;
- The registration of town and village greens - R (on the application of Allaway & Pollock) v Oxfordshire CC;
- Enforcing a power of sale under a lien - Menelaou v Bank of Cyprus UK Ltd;
- At what moment is a deed executed? - Arrowgame Ltd v Wildsmith;
- Damages for misrepresentation - Quilter v Hodson Developments Ltd.
In addition, there is coverage of:
- Slight changes to publicity rules for landowner statements.
- New updated SDLT guidance on higher rate transactions.
- Changes to permitted development rights for electronic communication masts.
- Registration gap problems when dealing with express surrenders.
- Contracting-out overriding leases granted under the 1995 Act.
- A 2016 update to the City of London Certificate of Title.
- New Land Registry rules for delivery of first registration applications.
- Further comment on Land Registry standard form restrictions.
Published on 1 December 2016.