For subscribers, the October 2016 issue of the CPI Update appears attached below, and deals with the following cases:
- The unexplored remedy of a rentcharge owner - Roberts v Lawton;
- Negligence in the giving of a certificates of title - Connaught Income Fund, Series 1 (in liquidation) v Hewetts;
- Compensation for modifying restrictive covenants - In the matter of Sunita Surana’s application;
- What is private dwelling use - Nemcova v Fairfield Rents Ltd;
- Obtaining VAT zero-rating for residential supplies - Cavendish Green Ltd v Revenue & Customs Commissioners;
- Recovery of legal costs through service charges - Sinclair Gardens Inv. (Kensington) Ltd v Avon Estates;
- Recovery of administrative costs through indemnities - Fairhold Freeholds No.2 Ltd v Moody.
In addition, there is coverage of: New regulations for statutory redemption of rentcharges;
- Royal Assent for the Finance Act 2016;
- The introduction of a Land Transaction Tax Bill for Wales;
- Consultation on planning law for Wales;
- Amendment EPC regulations;
- Dealing with a bankrupt seller;
- Land Registry privatisation;
- RICS guidance on dilapidation claims.
Published on 1 October 2016.